https://www.ccrroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/CCR_-Single-Ply-roofing-1-1.png 300 800 Tom Hickman https://www.ccrroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo-large-300x217.png Tom Hickman2020-11-23 06:36:312020-11-23 06:36:31PVC Single-Ply Roofing: Proven Success
PVC Single-Ply Roofing: Proven Success
Single-ply roofing systems have been around for decades. They were developed as alternatives to even older roofing techniques – notably, built-up “tar and gravel” systems. Of single-ply products, there are many to choose from, including modified bitumen, EPDM (rubber) and TPO. Our commercial roof material of choice is PVC, which offers several benefits:
- It’s lightweight and can often be installed over an existing roofing system.
- It’s resistant to chemicals, oils, grease, and other chemicals. It’s ideal for restaurant roofs because it can withstand exhaust from rooftop ventilation systems.
- PVC is inherently fire-resistant. Other roofing materials catch fire and burn, but PVC actually inhibits the spread of flame. It’s safer.
- Most PVC single-ply systems are made from white or other light-colored material, which reflects sunlight and delivers energy savings to facilities in all climates.
- PVC systems can be installed using multiple methods, including mechanical attachment, adhering, or ballasting; this offers flexibility that accommodates specific building requirements.
- They can be effectively installed on the rooftop in all weather conditions because the membrane remains flexible even in very cold temperatures. PVC has a very wide temperature welding “window,” enabling secure heat welding year-round.
- Because PVC membrane doesn’t “cure” over time, it remains serviceable (for example to repair punctures or to add a new flashing) over its lifetime on the rooftop; new material can be easily welded to what was previously installed.
Call Complete Commercial Roofing today and let us prepare a quote for a new PVC roofing system for your facility – 765-457-4848.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!