https://www.ccrroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Single-Ply-Feb-21.png 325 825 Tom Hickman https://www.ccrroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo-large-300x217.png Tom Hickman2021-02-26 12:13:512021-02-26 12:13:51Single-Ply PVC Roofing Systems for Commercial Facilities
Single-Ply PVC Roofing Systems for Commercial Facilities
Among the most popular commercial roofing choices is PVC. Polyvinyl chloride or “vinyl” roofs were developed in Europe in the 1960s and have steadily gained market share worldwide since then. Today, PVC roofing is well established in the United States and is chosen by owners and managers of all types of commercial buildings. Here are some of the reasons:
- It’s proven on the rooftop. Some PVC roofs have been in place for 25 years or more. This is due in part to its robust product formulation, but also because it’s plastic, and able to expand and contract with the thermal pressures put on building components as seasons and temperatures change.
- It’s lightweight. Depending on building codes and other structural factors, PVC roofing membranes can often be installed over the existing roof. No tear-off can mean a lower cost of installation and less disruption to your day-to-day building operation.
- It’s durable. PVC roofs resist many chemicals and other materials that other products don’t handle as well. PVC is especially effective on restaurant roofs because it’s highly resistant to greasy exhaust. It also doesn’t deteriorate under standing water.
- It can be installed year-round. All commercial roofing systems are ideally installed in warm conditions but because PVC remains very flexible, even in cold weather, it can be installed during the winter. Also, PVC roofing is installed using hot-air welding and has a very wide temperature window that accommodates rooftop membrane seaming in the cold. Other systems have a much narrower and more limiting welding temperature window.
- It’s energy-efficient. Although PVC roofing is manufactured in a wide range of colors, white membranes are the most popular. One reason is that they are highly reflective and deliver measurable energy cost savings for commercial facilities in all parts of the US. High reflectivity enables rooftop HVAC systems to run more efficiently and improves the long-term effectiveness of roof insulation.
These factors and others make PVC an excellent roofing material for all types of commercial buildings in all climates. Complete Commercial Roofing is well-versed in PVC roofing as well as other systems. Contact us at your convenience to discuss the one that’s right for you.